If you are hurting someone in your home, it is never too late to change and end abuse. Choosing to change your behavior is very important. A great first step is admitting your behavior is wrong, taking responsibility for the problem and getting help to make abuse stop for creating a healthier environment.
Steps you can take if you are harming others:
· Recognize that physical abuse and sexual abuse are only two types of abuse. End physical abuse and sexual abuse now, along with other types of harm such name calling, humiliation, intimidation, threats, controlling and jealous behavior.
· Be accountable and responsible for how your abuse affects your partner, children, family, and community. This includes accepting the consequences of your actions.
· Respect your partner and family’s right to be safe and healthy as you work toward change, even if it means you can’t be together.
· Comply with any commitments and/or court orders, including protective orders, child support orders, probation and parole, etc.
· Remember change is possible, you are not alone. Help is available by contacting the programs below.
We want you to learn more about Cardinal Point in the safest way possible. If you think your computer, tablet, or phone device is being monitored, it may be safer to learn more about Cardinal Point in another way.
Call us at 405-776-0990 to explore alternatives. You can exit the website at any time by clicking the “Quickly Exit” button in the bottom right hand corner of the page.